Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Stories / The goblin tale

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 4 pages long.
Go to page 1 2 3 4
Stone Giant
Registered user
the Traveler

Last page view:

8091 days, 21 hours, 11 minutes and 51 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, January 21, 2002 at 04:42 (GMT -5)

Stone Giant was peacefully sleeping in the depths of the deep rock walls of solid granite. He had been hibinating there for two months now, maybe when he wakes up the Chaos presence will have gone then all will be peaceful again.

----------------------------------------------
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

3763 days, 2 hours, 2 minutes and 26 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 22, 2002 at 00:28 (GMT -5)

The dwarf glanced up, grasped the handle of a double-bladed axe, and prepared to fight for her life. She raised the axe, hoping for a lucky blow against what seemed to be an invincible tower of solid stone.
Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/4/2002 at 15:10 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Stone Giant
Registered user
the Traveler

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 at 05:46 (GMT -5)

[OC]Sure you can join in Iridia, this story won't be complete with just me in!

[IC]Stone Giant seemed surprised at the attack - first time someone this small in comparison to himself had stood up to him.
He tried to grasp for the blade with his stoney hand and push the dwarf over with his other - his movement was slow but strong.

Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 at 16:07 (GMT -5)

With a deft twist of her weapon, the dwarf freed the axe from the giant's hand. She stepped back and held the weapon at ready. "You don't want to kill me," she said. "Why?"
Die Gedanken sind Frei
Stone Giant
Registered user
the Traveler

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, January 26, 2002 at 13:40 (GMT -5)

Eyes the dwarf suspicously for a few seconds.

"You no threat to me, you should hide away like the rest of the creatures before your killed - Chaos is coming and when it does they'll be no mercy for those that stand and fight!"

Stone Giant rises from it's burrow in the wall and strides slowly past the dwarf, he seems experienced and wise yet his gaze seems lost and distant.
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, January 26, 2002 at 16:26 (GMT -5)

"Hide!" scoffed the Dwarf. "And wait for them to come kill me? No. Chaos may be merciless, but it's not going to get any mercy from me." She followed the giant towering ahead of her.

"Hide," she muttered to herself. "No. My father fights Chaos; he is not hiding. My family was killed fighting Chaos; and they did not hide. Neither will I." As she had intended, the stone giant ahead of her heard every word.
Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 1/26/2002 at 16:35 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Stone Giant
Registered user
the Traveler

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, January 27, 2002 at 15:13 (GMT -5)

Stone Giant stops and seems to think for a bit. Then turns around and looks at the dwarf.

"You want to fight Chaos and die like the rest?"

Raises a stoney eyebrow and then seems to have a change of thought.

"I guess I should at least accompany you to a place where you can get help, I know of a city near by a few levels up from here - maybe we can find ye a warrior there"

Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, January 27, 2002 at 22:22 (GMT -5)

The dwarf grunted her thanks, shouldering her axe now that she was sure the stone giant was not a threat, and trudged back down the tunnel she'd been working on. Perhaps, she thought, there would be a master weaponsmith in the city the giant had spoken of. The mithril ore she carried should serve to make a mighty weapon, worthy of wiping out Chaos once and for all.

As they entered the older portions of the dwarven mine, neither of the travelers noticed the multiple eyes of the creature inhabiting the shadows ahead...
Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 2/4/2002 at 15:11 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Sengoku
Registered user

Last page view:

7937 days, 11 hours, 47 minutes and 18 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, January 28, 2002 at 06:06 (GMT -5)

Sengoku, the dark elven dwarven weaponsmith had just finished making a large battle shield and flung it onto a pile of other weapons and armour.

"At last, my work for today is done! I hope some people buy some of my wares soon, I'm running a bit low on gold pieces and ore.
That reminds me, I better collect some food before the shop closes"

Sengoku leaves the Dwarven Blacksmith and heads towards the Muxip's Store.

Sengoku

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/29/2002 at 08:13 (GMT -5) by Sengoku]
Stone Giant
Registered user
the Traveler

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, January 29, 2002 at 05:27 (GMT -5)

"The city shouldn't be too far away from here - oh by the way my dwarven friend you can call me Stoney"

Stoney passed through a dark area as he spoke to Iridia.

Suddenly a huge multi-headed hydra attacked at the stone giant through the darkness and Stoney crashed to the ground under the assault smashing some of the ground beneath him...
Sengoku
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, January 29, 2002 at 08:12 (GMT -5)

After Sengoku stocked his food supply up in his Blacksmith he sense a crashing vibration in the ground a few levels below.

"Damn ants again, someone should stick a fire vortex down their ant hole!"

Sengoku suddenly has an idea...

"Hmmm, ants knocking down walls means plenty of ore to be found"

Thought Senguku to himself. He then grabbed his elven armour and his bow.

Sengoku leaves the Dwarven Blacksmith and descends a level.

Sengoku
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

7784 days, 15 hours, 20 minutes and 35 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 29, 2002 at 12:49 (GMT -5)

OOC: Hate to ask.But wheres the goblin?

THE MESSIAH,I'm here now,Worship me.
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

4 days, 8 hours, 12 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, January 29, 2002 at 22:05 (GMT -5)

OOC: this is on the level Sengoku is just entering. Actualy don't remember about ADOM, but traditionaly Hydras are weak to fire so I figured I'd provide a sword of fire for the ocation (I figure Iridia and Stoney will need some help with that Hydra ... Or maybe they won't ;p).

IC: The orc was quite pleased with himself, he had stumbeled upon a nice shiny two-handed sword that burst into flame whenever it hit something. This was just the kind of weapon he needed to make the scorchers of his tribe green with envy (those arrogant bastards). He felt cocky and powerfull with such a mightly magical weapon.

Suddenly the sound of steps echoed though the halls, someone was coming down the stairs! Probably one of those cursed dwarves that lived abowe. Now he finaly had the chance to prove what a great warrior he had become. He raised the sword high abowe his head (with some effort) let out a orcish warcry, and charged screaming into the darkness toward the staircase...

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 1/29/2002 at 22:32 (GMT -5) by Jan Erik]
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, January 29, 2002 at 22:09 (GMT -5)

The dwarf replied, "I'm Iri--"

She whirled around at the sound of breaking stone and saw what looked like a mass of snakes attacking the stone giant. A hydra! Grasping her axe in both hands, Iridia frantically hacked at the creature, with more speed than accuracy, until it detached itself from Stoney, who picked himself up with a grunt and began swinging his massive fists at the creature.

The hydra's multiple heads flicked out in both directions, darting past their defenses and striking over and over. Iridia's axe bit into the monster's flesh; one of the creature's many heads flew off what passed for its shoulders. A few heads hung limp, stunned by the giant's bludgeoning attacks.

Still, Iridia could feel herself weakening, and see the giant slowing down. If something didn't happen soon...

"Stoney! Back off, now!" she screamed. "I'm going to try something!" The giant stepped back heavily; the hydra now had its full attention on the dwarf.

Jamming a hand into her pocket, Iridia brought out two large red crystals. She took one and threw it at the dungeon floor next to the hydra.

A gigantic fireball erupted. The hydra's multiple mouths opened and it screamed! The second crystal hit the floor; another fireball! The hydra stumbled, its many heads writhing like severed snakes.

The stone giant's huge fists crushed the hydra. It lay limply on the floor, dripping a green fluid which might have been its blood.

Iridia drew a shaky breath. "Well. That could have been worse," she said, opening her pack and retrieving several bandages. "My father mined those crystals in the deepest parts of our cavrens. They sure came in handy."

"We're not out of trouble yet," said the giant.

"What do you mean?"

As he bandaged yet another wound, the giant replied.

"Hydras are poisonous."
Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/24/2002 at 22:13 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Stone Giant
Registered user
the Traveler

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 at 04:33 (GMT -5)

[OC] Anyone who has not already yet joined this story can be the goblin, what about you Messiah?

[IC] Stoney staggered back and cringed in pain as the heavy doses of poison caorsed through his vains. He applyed a last bandage to a crack accross his arm.

"How many times did it hit you Iri??"

"My names Iridia by the way, it hit me a fair few times - we may not last too long down here, we must head up to the city and get medical supplies!"

Stoney rubbed his cracked skin and slowly got up and walked with Iridia, heading towards the stairs.

"Hey Iridia, thanks for saving us back there with your crystals"

As Stoney smiled, a huge war cry echoed through the dungoen.

"Sounds like orcs!" said Iridia

"I'm not sure much more I can take, this poison is sure taking it's toll upon my joints, I feel all achey" moaned Stoney
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 at 13:12 (GMT -5)

"We've got no choice but to go up those stairs," said Iridia. "But try to walk quietly. It might not notice us. If not... hah, I've handled orcs before, the chaotic little weaklings."

The companions started up the stairs, only to hear another war-cry, and the scream of something that could not have been an orc...
Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/4/2002 at 15:12 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 at 15:31 (GMT -5)

OOC:You got a nice story goin here.I cant join in though.I'm already in 3 stories.I'll join if you give me a sniper rifle.Somehtin like this

Or a gun like this

Sengoku
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 31, 2002 at 08:31 (GMT -5)

Sengoku began eating a green apple as he descended the level and appeared at the bottom.

The air was colder down here and the darkness rose like an menacing mist, like clouds of shadows rising from the earth.

As Sengoku checked his surroundings and took another bite out of his juicy apple as his eyes slowly adjusted to the darkness.

Suddenly from with in the darkness a great war cry yelled and from within emerged an orc charging with a raised red fire sword.

Sengoku didn't have time to move out of the way fully and the firey blade caught his left shoulder sending him sprawling to the ground with his beautiful cloak being burnt to bits.

As he fell Sengoku managed to throw the half eaten apple at the orcs eyes, blinding him for a few moments allowing him load and fire his bow at the ork.

Sengoku
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, January 31, 2002 at 15:56 (GMT -5)

Iridia ran towards the sounds of battle.

"Are you insane?!" yelled Stoney.

"Yes! Now follow me!"

They skidded around a corner just in time to see the ugly figure of an orc, wielding a blade that seemed to be made of pure flame. In the glare of the blade, they could see little of whom the orc was attacking, but the arrow protruding from the orc's shoulder told them that neither the battle-crazed orc nor his victim was going to go down without a fight.

Ignoring the ever-incresing effects of the poison, Stoney and Iridia threw themselves at the orc...
Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 10/24/2002 at 22:13 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Sengoku
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, February 01, 2002 at 05:52 (GMT -5)

[OOC] Don't worry Iridia, I'm confused too. Sengoku is a dark elf who works for the dwarfs and shares many or thier talants but he is a dark elf and not a dwarf, sorry for the error.

[IC] Staggered up against the wall with a slight sigh of relief as two strangers attacked the orc charged to the orc.

"Phew, I might just live long enough to thank them"

Sengoku clutched his bleeding shoulder and quickly applied a bandage and slowly got up to help kill the orc.

Sengoku
Portrait
Tha Messiah
Registered user
Angel of Death

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, February 01, 2002 at 13:20 (GMT -5)

OOC: But arent dark eleves and dwarves mortal enemies.

Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

4 days, 8 hours, 12 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 01, 2002 at 22:39 (GMT -5)

OOC: Well I didn't intend for him to last very long (I actualy expected Sengoku to finish him off). But the way things are going it might not be suich a bad idea... He may come back later with some friends... It's not like any of our heroes are in any condition to chase after a fleeing orc at the moment so...

IC: Things had suddenly gone very bad for the orc he had expected to cleave a unexpecting dwarf in half, but not only had the opponent survived the attack, and proven to not be a dwarf at all, he had gotten off an arrow at him too.

The wave of pain from his soulder had caused him to loose much of his confidence. The sword was hevy enough as it was, but with a woulded shoulder it was nearly impossible to swing it.

Just as the orc was gritting his teeth together to launch a stabbing attack at his opponent before he had time to recover, a movement in the corner of his eye chaught his attention. The orc spun around and launched a powerfull swing aided by his rotation, but he mis calculated and hit nothing but thinn air, in his weakened state he lost his grip on the sword sending it flying into a corner and himself stumbeling backward. Just in time to avoid a large stony hand that smashed into the ground where he had been a moment ago.

Once he recovered his balance he quickly realised that he was not only unarmed and wounded, but also outnumbered, and to make matters worse one of his attackers was a huge stone giant!

With the illution of power the sword had given long gone, reality finaly chaught up with the would-be orc warrior and he turned and ran into the opposing corridor in a mad panic.

Had he been more cool headed he might have noticed that his attackers where barely eable to stand up, let alone chase after him. But the orc was mad with panic and didn't stop running untill the literaly colapsed with exhaustion.

OOC: I figure he'll lick his woulds for a while, return to his tribe and tell some lies about the brave battle he just fought, and try to rally some support to help take revenge on the cowardly adventurers who so shamelesly ambushed him and stole the magical weapon he had intended to gift to the chieftan.... He may show up again later.

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/1/2002 at 22:42 (GMT -5) by Jan Erik]
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, February 03, 2002 at 22:49 (GMT -5)

Iridia wasn't quite sure what to think about this sinister-looking dark elf. Like most dwarves, she had a deep distrust of the fallen elves which prompted her to force herself to wield her double-bladed axe once more and rid the world of this unnatural creature.

Something about this particular dark elf prompted her to hesitate. He seemed to be a courageous warrior. He had been attacked by an orc--a more repulsive species to Iridia than the dark-elves would ever be. Still...

"I am Sengoku. May your mines yield much gold," the dark-elf said.

Iridia stifled a cry of surprise at the familiar rough sounds of the Dwarvish tongue. "How do you come to speak my language?"

"I have lived and worked with your people for many years."

"A dark-elf? Living with dwarves?" Doubt tinged her voice.

Stoney broke into the exchange. "Iridia, we had best be going."

"Yes..." Iridia was starting to feel faint. Her smaller body couldn't take as much as the stone giant, who was larger and just as tough as any dwarf.

"What happened to you?" Sengoku asked.

"Tangled with a hydra. We're trying to get to the nearest town, if we can make it."
Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 10/24/2002 at 22:14 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Portrait
Guinea
Registered user
tWo-HeAdEd cHaOs WeAsEl

Last page view:

6976 days, 10 hours, 56 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 04, 2002 at 03:27 (GMT -5)

[IC] A cloaked figure was gathering some plants growing from the crack in the floor, when he noticed a wounded orc lying in the corner. The orc saw him too, and tried to raise his sword, but he was far too weak to do this at the moment.

"Easy, my friend. I won't hurt you." said the elf.
"Here, rub your wound with this."

The elf gave him a herb. Orc looked at it suspiciously, but did what the elf told him. His wound closed quickly and he was able to get up. He grabbed his sword and ran away through the corridor. The elf kneeled on the floor and continued gathering the plants.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 5/15/2002 at 10:32 (GMT -5) by Guinea]
Sengoku
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, February 06, 2002 at 05:39 (GMT -5)

"You should stay here and apply first aid, I know of herbs near by which will make you last long enough to make it into the city above"

"I don't trust dark elves, let's just head off" said Stoney

"Me neither, how can we trust you?" siad Iridia

Sengoku reached into his pocket and held up an amulet of law made from dwarven craft.

"These dwarves gave this to me when they accepted me into their city - I'm not like other dark elves, you have to trust me"

Sengoku didn't waste anymore time and sprinted off into the darkness.

He arrived just in time to see the very same orc that got away. And raised his bow to finish it off at last. As he poised the bow an cloaked figure moved in the way.

"Get out or my way!" shouted Sengoku

"Or you will kill me in cold blood where I stand?" replied the elf.

Scowled as the orc got away again. Sengoku lowered the bow and looked at the elf closely before he spoke. He sensed an arua of pacified nature but was angerd by his protection over an evil orc.

"What tribe are you from stranger? And where did you get them herbs, I need some for me and some friends, give them to me!"

Sengoku
Portrait
Guinea
Registered user
tWo-HeAdEd cHaOs WeAsEl

Last page view:

6976 days, 10 hours, 56 minutes and 34 seconds ago.
Posted on Wednesday, February 06, 2002 at 06:30 (GMT -5)

"Easy, my friend, calm down."

Guinea looked at the dark elf, who was staring at him with anger.

"The herbs are growing in this room, they are on the floor, on the walls, even beneath your feet. You would have spot them too, if you had some time to look around. Of course I will give you some. I, Guinea the high elf, try to help every living creature."

Guinea took a few herbs out of his pocket, put them on the floor ad moved few steps backwards. The dark elf moved forward and grabbed the herbs, but said nothing.

"Now you can go back to your friends who need those plants, or you can chase that poor orc I just saved from a certain death. The choice is yours."
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5670 days, 5 hours, 22 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 15, 2002 at 02:30 (GMT -5)

OOC: ah, well i think i can fix this. the other role plays i'm in are going nowhere fast, so i might as well. I think it's about time for that goblin to show up...

IC: Angrily, Sengoku snatched the herbs and grabbed his bow, intending to chase the orc. Then he rememberd his new friends, barely able to move, with the poison flowing painfully through their veins. He was caught between two dutys.
Fotrunatly for him, the need to make the decision was taken from him. As he stood their, debating with himself, the herbs suddenly slid from his hands with an odd snigger and a patter of feet.
"Hey!" he shouted, spinning and drawing his bow. He was too slow though; the arrow went wild, clattering off the walls, and the goblinoid figure dissapeared into the gloom.

Apoc the Timid thought himself pretty brave. He hadn't even had to throw a rock at this one to get a prize. He could probably go back to his tribe and describe the harrowing chase and how he'd distracted his several enemys by hurling rocks in their midst, then he could show his spoils and be honored by all the tribe, just like he should be. He was certain he had gotten away with it scot free; until, that is, he heard the arrow hit the wall behind him. Screaming in fear and panic, he ran headlong into the darkness, missing the turn leading back to his tribe's current den. He kept on screaming as he ran through a door, pausing for only a second as he ran into a giant wall of stone, bounced off it and fell flat on his back. In that second, he took a breath, looked up, realized that he was staring at a giant wall of stone that had arms, legs, and a head, as well as a dwarf next to it, and resumed screaming at the top of his small lungs and began scrambling backwards quickly.
This movement, however, was stopped when his head bumped into a pair of boots. Looking up at this new menace, and still screaming, he realized that it was the old menace, and the menace had it's bow aimed at his head. He let out the last of his breath in a scream and fainted.

ivan.sourceforge.net

is he timid enough?
Yes  No
Check results

Sengoku
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, February 16, 2002 at 07:39 (GMT -5)

OC: Sorry I haven't been here in a while, I'll be posting as usual from now on.

IC: Stoney and Iridia looked to each other after the goblin disapeared down the corridor.
"Stoney, the goblin was holding some healing herbs"
Both of them instantly ventured after it as fast as they could, both grew weaker with each step.
As Stoney stumble to the ground with his legs weakening and Iridia's vison fading, Sengoku emerged carrying a goblin and some herbs.

"Here quickly take these" shouted Sengoku as he threw them to his friends.

Iridia and Stoney looked releived as they caught the herbs and nuatralised the poison in thier blood.

"Did you two know that there's a high elf suriving down here!? Oh yeah, and I found this grubby goblin trying the steal the herbs once I got them"

Sengoku threw the goblin in front of the two adventerous so they get a closer look...

Sengoku
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, February 16, 2002 at 23:29 (GMT -5)

"So, what do you want to do with it?" asked Sengoku.

"I say kill it," said Iridia. "Ugly little creature. Goblins have been pests to the dwarves ever since they were spawned."

"Kill it in cold blood?" Stoney said. "What harm did it ever do us?"

"It's a goblin. That should be enough."

The goblin on the ground stirred, interrupting the argument.

"Tie it up before it wakes!" Iridia said, pulling a rope out of her pack. Holding the goblin down, they restrained it securely.

"Don't! Don't kill!" the goblin squealed. "Me got plants for you!"

"We've already got them. Don't bother," Sengoku remarked. He explained the goblin's pitiful attempt at thievery to the others. "Strange, this miserable little scrap probably saved your lives. If it hadn't been running in your direction you might never have gotten the herbs. No credit to the goblin, of course."

"Yess! See, me good. Me save life!" the goblin pleaded. "Don't kill! Don't!" it whined.

"Well?" Stoney looked at Iridia.

Iridia relented. "We'll take it to the village. The village elder can judge it." Iridia chuckled. "Not that the judgment will be favorable, of course." She turned to the goblin. "You hear that? We'll let you live--for now. One false move--" She left it hanging.

The goblin whimpered, trying to sink into the floor and get away from the fierce dwarf. "Me be good! Don't kill! Don't kill!"
Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5670 days, 5 hours, 22 minutes and 10 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, February 17, 2002 at 03:20 (GMT -5)

OOC: hehe, you made him almost more timid than i made him. except he didn't scream in your post. *g*

ivan.sourceforge.net
Go to page 1 2 3 4

This thread have been closed, no new messages can be posted here.