Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / ADOM / Funny messages

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 9 pages long.
Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Portrait
Dougy
Registered user
What is the deal with cards?

Last page view:

5832 days, 23 hours, 42 minutes and 17 seconds ago.
Posted on Friday, February 22, 2002 at 23:48 (GMT -5)

That's how i stopped save-scumming. More out of laziness then anything else. I'd decide at the start to save scum, realise just after i died that i hadn't even saved once. (rgra also nudged me a bit)

Furthest i got without spoilers was the library, and couldn't figure out how to get out of the place. I never went down the CoC 'cos i heard all these rumours about corruption and was too scared. Perhaps there should be a fortune cookie message about that. "They say you're getting closer to your goal when you're getting corrupted more rapidly." or something.

Adomer from Australia.

DougyDougy - Dougy - DougyDougy
Locke
Registered user
Treasure hunter

Last page view:

7901 days, 18 hours, 17 minutes and 15 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, February 23, 2002 at 03:59 (GMT -5)

IIRC, there's already a cookie about the background corruption in the game. Can't remember how it goes though.

Locke Cole
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5665 days, 22 hours, 55 minutes and 14 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, February 23, 2002 at 22:06 (GMT -5)

hey nice sig dougy. although it is almost (almost) obtrusive; not as obtrusive as my old one, but the colorchanging stuff kida gets wierd. if i had teh patience i might make one like that, but i probably wont.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Max
Unregistered user
Posted on Sunday, February 24, 2002 at 13:19 (GMT -5)

There is a fortune cookie message that warns you bout that.

The farthest I've ever got without being spoilt was the wall of flames.Couldnt figure how to get past it.
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, February 24, 2002 at 22:12 (GMT -5)

i think i beat the carpenter quest before spoiling... *g*

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Dougy
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, February 24, 2002 at 22:52 (GMT -5)

They say that the radiance of chaos will corrupt you the faster the deeper you descend.

that'd prolly be the one ur talk'n aboot

Adomer from Australia.

Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

7765 days, 11 hours, 49 minutes and 1 second ago.
Posted on Monday, February 25, 2002 at 06:12 (GMT -5)

You trangesive some law. You steal a normal holy symbol

And something about save game.... Ehhhhh it's realy big paine, when you found AoLS, or wishing it, when you kill chaos servants, give it to Kely, and in something like 33% of causes the game are crushed, with no reason. Just crushed, thats no bug. It's one reason, when I save game and make backup. Another reason: you play, play and suddenly someone close the light, no electricity, and sayonara your PC suddenly deasappers;) I have few thats accidents.

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, February 25, 2002 at 06:32 (GMT -5)

Ahmmmmmm and ones I kill Filk (gamma 15) (acid ball:)), but MM only song one of him songs, don't speak about The Scintillating Cave, and I haven't quickling bard in monster memory (I have some information about him, but there wasn't any word about did I kill him) and kill list. One my friends have this same problem, but with ogre emperor, he kill him, but the game don't registred that fact:) And that wasn't case of death monster because he bleeding. There was no text about suddenly colapses. You hit and kill. But the game don't registred it.

"Insect, we care not for thee. Disturb us any we will extingwish thy weak candle of life"
Thumb Up
Unregistered user
Posted on Monday, February 25, 2002 at 13:49 (GMT -5)

No offence BM but I didnt understand a word you wrote.
Portrait
Jan Erik
Administrator

Last page view:

1 hour, 45 minutes and 9 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 25, 2002 at 22:05 (GMT -5)

Let me translate :)

He once killed Filk without the game registering it. No quickling bard on kill list and no reward from the minsrel. A friend aparently had the same thing happen with a Ogre emperor (killed him, but it doesn't aprear on the kill list).

Can't say I have run into that bug myself though...

Jan Erik Mydland
HoF admin
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 at 00:11 (GMT -5)

me either.
i didn't really understand the post before that myself, the second one made sence to me (to a certain extent)

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Ekaterin
Moderator on this forum

Last page view:

5768 days, 16 hours, 26 minutes and 40 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 at 03:47 (GMT -5)

BM's first post on this page says:

It's really annoying that when you give an AoLS to Khel, 33% of the time the game suddenly crashes. That's one reason why I back up my save files. Another reason is that I've had a few characters killed by power failures.

(33% of the time? Really? I've never had ADOM crash on me ever, but since I've only saved Khel 4 times I could just have been lucky every time.)
J.
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 at 04:22 (GMT -5)

Ekaterin: ADOM has never crashed on me either (well, actually G15 did a lot but 1.0.0 hasn't done it once) though I have never managed to save Khelly. Once I found a RoDS with a DE ranger but before I could get to use it for saving khelly a Necromancer summoned ghuls in the bigroom and...
Madman
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 at 06:38 (GMT -5)

Adom v1 has never ever crashed one me.
BM if youre paranoid about power cuts get a UPS system.Thats what I use.
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 at 10:33 (GMT -5)

i've never ever ever had ADOM crash on me.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Iridia
Moderator on this forum
YASD

Last page view:

3758 days, 19 hours, 35 minutes and 30 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 at 20:14 (GMT -5)

ADOM crashes most if you have a lot of equipment, and you're picking it up or putting it all down at the same time. (In previous versions, it crashed whenever a monster came across your hoard and tried to pick it all up. Now it's been fixed so the monster only picks up a limited number of items.) So if you're not cheating, ADOM won't crash much, because if you're cheating you usually end up with a huge pile of equipment with which to tempt 291. Poetic justice, isn't it?
Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, February 27, 2002 at 07:32 (GMT -5)

Thanks Jan for translation:) I know my english is very bad. And I don't know my friends haven't any problems with Khely, only when my PC gives him AoLS it's crash. Maybe Kheli don't like me?;) And power failur. Yesterday in night... errrr early morning today:) I close the gates of chaos, prepare for penetration of Infinity dungeon, with 59 scrolls of chaos resistance and 12 potions of cure corruption (I found 15 RoDS and WoW in blue dragons cave, and 9 artefcatcs) And of corse power shut down. It's... It's very @#$%&*$#%#@!!!! Aaaa I upgread phase dagers with scrolls and smithing and when I use smithing I make phase dagers (+9 1d4 +9) [+1,+0] And propably moloch armor can be upgread with smithing ethernium ingods.... I think it's now clear when you wish for moloch armor and you have ethernium plate mail.

Hmmmm did in adom are restricted items for PC? My PC (grey elf necromancer) had no found scroll of education. Never. I must wish for it and next I wrote it:)) But I hear about one PC (another my frined) who didn't found thick gountles. This PC starvited on death in infinity dungeon (poisonous corruption). Level of PC 35 grey elf ranger.
Did you have any problems with found some items?

And funy items:rotting crystal maile of order
beutifull crystal scale mail of chaos:)))

Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, February 27, 2002 at 10:40 (GMT -5)

i've found a total of about 2 SoE in all the time i've been playing. not that many thick gauntlets either.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, February 27, 2002 at 11:59 (GMT -5)

Yeah but casters full casters have greater chance on find spellbooks, scrolls and other magican stuff than fighters clas, and I allways found SoE, but the last PC didn't found, any. When you camping in blue dragon cave and killed 1000 blue ancient dragons, this is a very high propability to generat SoE. There was generated 9 artefacts and 15 RoDS!!!
Aaa when you read blessed tract of order than you are cleaned from corruptions efect. One corruption for one tract of order

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/27/2002 at 12:00 (GMT -5) by BM]
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, February 28, 2002 at 21:48 (GMT -5)

<You stab and slain scorcher orc! You file very self-confident!>

Portrait
Dougy
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, March 03, 2002 at 00:09 (GMT -5)

Back to funny messages -

What do you wish for?
Your equipment feels heavier.
Happy birthday!

Buahahahah my birthday wish came true (:

Adomer from Australia.

Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, March 03, 2002 at 20:23 (GMT -5)

hehe, thats pretty good.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
BM
Registered user
The Necromancer

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, March 04, 2002 at 11:03 (GMT -5)

Heh realy good:) Ahhhhh why in birthday PC hasn't 0,1% on wish???
Happy Birthday!
What are you wish for?
It's could be nice:)

Hmmmmm
Yesterday I have realy funy and damnation situation
I play trolish thiev, heh it's realy strange I allways play only necro:)
And I have found some stuff in small cave. I wear it. One of them was cursed. generated from killed monster, not randomise guaranted item from small cave. In Jahrod cave was gray altar. I was convert my PC to neutral, sacrifised some monsters:) And pray:)
<You pray to Ne'Ftrr. You cursed leather cloak glow in silver light. For some seconds the ground rumbles>
Oki I sacriface next monsters And when Ne'Ftrr was vaer pleasy to me I pray more for uncursing last item from my equipment:)
<You pray to Ne'Ftrr. You cursed spear +1 1d6 glow in silver light. You suddenly hear a thundering voice. "Take this for ye impunity" For a second you glow in a dark light>
Arggggghhhhhhh!!!!! Heh It's realy funy, but I didn't found any scroll of uncursing in Barnaba shop. And My PC was unliteracy, learning 8:) And he starvated on death before found darke sage or made first dwarven quest....
Hmmmmm And waterproof blanket is not neceserry to protect your stuff from the weather. This same role has hooded cloak:) Its guaranted item in small cave. My trolish thief founded it item everywhen. But cloaks are easy to destroy by fire, lightning

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/4/2002 at 11:16 (GMT -5) by BM]
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, March 04, 2002 at 21:19 (GMT -5)

oooh, you can just wear a hooded cloak and your stuff doesn't rust from rain? SWEET! i hope my current guy has a hooded cloak somewhere.... *g*

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Mishka
Registered user
Hopeless

Last page view:

6122 days, 12 hours, 2 minutes and 12 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 05, 2002 at 02:53 (GMT -5)

well i never knew that about hooded cloaks. i have to remember that.

"Faugh!" snorted Tahngarth. "Why would it make a meal out of something like you?" Squee looked relieved. "No," he continued, "you'd make a much better toothpick."
Portrait
DaC
Registered user
Duh..

Last page view:

8047 days, 19 hours, 31 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 05, 2002 at 07:24 (GMT -5)

Yes, i read the hole thread through in one try... and the reward was the 200th write...

funny, why is this so looong? it's good to wish for heaps of blankets of fire resistance.. in my opinion..

Duh, troll juice..
Portrait
DaC
Registered user
Duh..

Last page view:

8047 days, 19 hours, 31 minutes and 46 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, March 05, 2002 at 07:26 (GMT -5)

BTW, where is the bug temple, and how do you gain entrance to ancient stone circle?
i've only got to the eternal guardian and played for 3 years... (bout' 2times a week duh..)

Duh, troll juice..
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, March 05, 2002 at 10:53 (GMT -5)

further than me... i've only gotten the water orb, and then i starved to death.
but i have a guy going now who found an AoLS, he's lv 17 IIRC, and he's got lv 12 in swords. plus some other decent equiptment (lots of adamantium stuff from the dwarf in DT)

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Dougy
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, March 05, 2002 at 17:44 (GMT -5)

The bug temple is in the centre-top of the map. West of the Mad Minstrel. You can enter at any level.

It's rumoured that the demented ratling knows more about that stone circle then anyone. Why not have a chat with him? Btw he's a bit of a right-wing, and doesn't like those goody-goody, tree-hugging, morgia smoking, potions of healing throwing, cute puppy saving, pacifists.

Adomer from Australia.

Portrait
Duke Ravage
Registered user
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, March 05, 2002 at 18:32 (GMT -5)

in other words ... this is teh normal forum isn't it? i'll put it in spoilers:

Spoiler

you have to be chaotic or he won't do anything for you.

morgia smoking?? i thought that would be illegal? (yes, Locke, that was a joke *g*)

ivan.sourceforge.net

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 3/5/2002 at 18:33 (GMT -5) by Duke Ravage]
Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: