Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Stories / OOC commentary

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 11 pages long.
Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5663 days, 18 hours, 30 minutes and 49 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, June 09, 2003 at 23:01 (GMT -5)

lets go for a record here! quadruple post!!! maybe i should edit all these into one. i will if i end up making the next one...

Take it away Iridia. I posed it for you in Arcanium. Poor Josh has just had too much to handle lately. He's not stupid, just resistant to change. (Which also makes him resistant to magic I suppose, but that's different.)
Also, 2 more things: I will have both a main char and a player limit, both set at 4. You can make as many minor "NPC"ish characters as you want, but they're gonna be weaker. Main rule here will be that you can't mess with other people's NPCs. You can talk to them, move them some, etc, but no major changes. Death is a major change, just so you know. And as for the player limit: you can claim an unused major character (e.g. one that was abandoned when the creator left) and any NPCs that that player spawned while he was with us. Also, if you decide to leave (or if you just want to) you can get any of your characters killed. (what the hell -- if you kill your main character you can "promote" one of your minor ones into being your new main character.) I know, lots of new rules. *g*
And, finally on this topic: Iridia, Andor, pick something special (but not too special) about your main character (I don't think Andrea counts as a main character). E.G. Josua is resistant to change, hence resistant to magic (esp. enchantments). I'm thinking he'll be the go-beat-up-the-bad-guy-with-a-big-stick of the bunch. *g*

I'm gonna post on ADOM RP2 fairly soon, I think. Maybe tonight, even. Not immediately though.

Ok, i'm done.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Andor Drakon
Registered user
uummm... ElDeR cHaOs GoD?

Last page view:

7301 days, 11 hours, 26 minutes and 39 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2003 at 05:15 (GMT -5)

Now, before Duke gets a quintuple post...

So, basically each player is in control of one main char (Willard for me, Josh for Duke, and Jennifer for Iridia) and any minor chars that get created by that person. (so far only Andrea). Also, there is only space for one more player, and one more main char. I'd say also, make it possible for "recurring bad guys", so to speak, to be imbetween - they CAN be affected in large ways by other player's actions, but they CAN'T be controlled by anyone but the person who spawns them. (except by the rules above). However, try not to kill off or decapitate or whatever the recurring bad guys too soon, otherwise they aren't recurring anymore.

Anyway, I'd say that my, or Willard's distinguishing characteristic would be curiosity. He wants to know about things. He wants to know how it works. He might start to investigate magic, or maybe the strange creatures of the land. I can just imagine him having a debate with a wizard.

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

3756 days, 15 hours, 11 minutes and 5 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, June 10, 2003 at 11:14 (GMT -5)

You couldn't resist, could you, Andor? :D

At any rate. If you want a distinguishing characteristic for the twins, it's probably the bond between them. Sisterhood, friendship, whatever... we've all seen those sets of identical twins that can practically read each other's minds. So maybe I can extend that into some sort of special power. Depends on what happens, anyway.

I decided to give Andrea a rather mundane problem--blindness, probably caused by a brain injury. I was going to try something more serious, but I don't really have the practical experience to pull it off convincingly. So that's where it stands...

Die Gedanken sind Frei
duke ravage
Unregistered user
Posted on Wednesday, June 11, 2003 at 12:57 (GMT -5)

Andor, message for you on ADOM RP-2 OOC thread.
Andor Drakon
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2003 at 06:06 (GMT -5)

The point of my last post was too keep the story going and to establish a rudimentary map of the surroundings. This post will be edited to increase the scope of the map as we explore.

............~...
.*.........~~=..
............~=~.
............@=~~
..............=.

The red represents the path of the party, the rest is normal adom map symbols. THe white dots mean unexplored. The special location in this case is the place where the story began

I had to edit the map a lot which explains how many edits there were. I think I made a record. Or will soon.

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

[Edited 22 times, last edit on 6/19/2003 at 02:01 (GMT -5) by Andor Drakon]
Andor Drakon
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, June 13, 2003 at 07:12 (GMT -5)

Oh, and Iridia, I hate to say this, but... PLOT HOLE! In my post I said "When Willard woke up, the sky was brightened by the first hint of dawn. Yet, only a few hours later, you said "It was evidently late afternoon" Ut oh... Quick! Somebody edit it!

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, June 13, 2003 at 10:44 (GMT -5)

Patched. I've extended the time Jennifer and Andrea were unconscious to most of the day--maybe six hours.

Careful about Andrea's powers, you all, we don't want any omnipotent characters. Same goes for the rest; they're not going to have the same skills our professional adventurers in the other RP's have... in my opinion, our first fight with anything should probably be won by pure luck.

As for food, they should eventually figure out that animals will want to come to the stream to drink, too; an easy enough deduction, even if you have lost your memory...

Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 2 times, last edit on 6/13/2003 at 10:48 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Andor Drakon
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, June 16, 2003 at 03:37 (GMT -5)

OOC: first fight coming up. It's not going to be easy, killing things by throwing pebbles at it, and it's made enven harder that my idea for the animal was something of a cross between a small hornless Triceratops and a Zergling from Starcraft, with a few additions - the toe-claws for climbing hills quickly. It's a vegetarian, so don't say it tries to eat anyone, but if they attack it (and they do), then it will defend itself.

Andrea dosent have any real powers but her *very* acute hearing and the bond with Jennifer(so far) she might reveal untapped talent for -foo-. She's your minor character.

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2003 at 02:07 (GMT -5)

wow, my forum's been getting some activity lately. yay.... hmm, i don't know what else to write... this was mainly to test my new avatar... ok, yeah, thats done. moving on...

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2003 at 02:28 (GMT -5)

Yes, at the time I posted that I just didn't want Andrea to come up with a magical solution for the food problem. :)

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Andor Drakon
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2003 at 02:38 (GMT -5)

Sorry if my last post sounded a bit... well... bossy. I was in a bad mood, I failed a test. Now i got a high distinction in another one and im happy.

What did your old avatar look like?

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 6/18/2003 at 02:40 (GMT -5) by Andor Drakon]
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2003 at 03:38 (GMT -5)

*You're* bossy? You should see me when I've failed a test... it's not pretty! :P

No... you didn't offend me or anything. It takes a lot more to do that.

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2003 at 13:47 (GMT -5)

I didn't really have an "old" avatar... well, a long time ago i had this one that looked like half a hawk's head or something like that... both of my avatars have been stolen from WarCraft 3, actually.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, June 18, 2003 at 23:40 (GMT -5)

ok, another doublepost, oh well. *sigh* anyway, we're not alone out here... somebody make up the other hunter. i don't really care, probably make it a human. i'm thinking elves are really rare, dwarves keep to themselves, and the evil races are... well... evil.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Andor Drakon
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2003 at 01:47 (GMT -5)

This isn't going to turn into a human version of Runeva the "deus ex machina" archer, is it?

Well, anyway, I'll post in a while. Not wuite yet.

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2003 at 01:54 (GMT -5)

i dunno. i don't even know what duex ex machina is, actually, so i don't know...

ivan.sourceforge.net
Andor Drakon
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2003 at 01:59 (GMT -5)

"the god in the machine"

SOmething unexpected, unexplained, that happens at the brinks of catastrophe and changes the situation, like an arrow coming from someone who just appeared.

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2003 at 14:44 (GMT -5)

Yes, and very bad storytelling, to be avoided at all costs...

Avoiding it is easy, though; just stick the solution to your problem in the description of the problem, kind of like foreshadowing. Then it won't be unexpected when you use it. You're supposed to be able to predict the solution (at least in hindsight) by looking at the preceding material.

At least, that's what my creative writing prof says :)

Die Gedanken sind Frei

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 6/19/2003 at 14:50 (GMT -5) by Iridia]
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, June 19, 2003 at 15:57 (GMT -5)

eh, she'll probably join them again later. but she's a loner, she likes to follow people around and help where she can, but doesn't like to directly interact with them.

probably in a little bit she'll come back and join the group, but won't say much... just follow and do her share of defeating evil... *g*

as for the arrow thing, i was thinking we needed to meet someone new, and i'm sure any hunter would be startled by a rock suddenly flying at the creature s/he was hunting. enough to hit it's side, rather than somewhere more vital. sorry if i caused any problems...

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2003 at 00:25 (GMT -5)

yet another double post... *sigh*
in any case, added a bit to Arcanium. Josh is out of action for a bit. At least a few minutes, and he's going to wake up with a fresh headache...

Also killed all the OOC in it. so, yeah...

ivan.sourceforge.net
Andor Drakon
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2003 at 04:10 (GMT -5)

So is Willard, he got kicked a long way. You missed a bit of OOC, in my 2nd post. I know i should just get rid of it myself, but i feel like being pointlessly annoying and stubborn over a tiny point. I'm sorry, it's been a bad day.

Double posts happen all the time...

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Andor Drakon
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, June 24, 2003 at 04:11 (GMT -5)

...see?

I'm going to post on Arcanium now, well, soon, well, er, eventually.

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Andor Drakon
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2003 at 03:40 (GMT -5)

That is, I hope i'm going to post on Arcanium

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Andor Drakon
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2003 at 03:41 (GMT -5)

I think.

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2003 at 04:20 (GMT -5)

yay, i'm not the only one who doubleposts!
but those do look suspiciously like they were multiposts on pourpose... at least the last two. and the first two too i suppose. it's a bad habit i need to break, lets not spread it.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Andor Drakon
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2003 at 09:19 (GMT -5)

Well, sorry. It was just a joke, I dont generally multipost. However, multiposts can happen in this kind of situation:

I post a short comment about Arcanium. Iridia posts on Arcanium. I say "good post, Iridia." Bang! Doublepost!

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, June 29, 2003 at 16:47 (GMT -5)

yeah, doubleposts do happen (e.g. my quad-post)... and i understood that it was a joke, but we should try not to flood the forum with joke doubleposts. or any doublepost for that matter, although the occasional unavoidable one is ok.

ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, July 05, 2003 at 02:15 (GMT -5)

hey, what's happening? The forum died! Am I the only one that logs on in the evenings (at least)?
(i know, another double post, but if i just edited my last one nobody would notice it...)

ivan.sourceforge.net

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 7/5/2003 at 02:16 (GMT -5) by Duke Ravage]
Andor Drakon
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, July 12, 2003 at 19:48 (GMT -5)

I'm sorry i havent been on for days, but my excuse is computer trouble.

My computer kept on crashing every time I opened IE. I am currently viewing this page on the old Netscape Navigator. I can FINALLY post on Arcanium.

ChAoS iS cOmInG!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Portrait
Iridia
Registered user
YASD

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, July 14, 2003 at 23:16 (GMT -5)

I just posted on Arcanium (aren't you proud of me?) and... please don't ask me to explain the reasons behind what I just posted, because I have no idea what I'm trying to hint at! LOL... use your imaginations :)

Die Gedanken sind Frei
Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: