Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Stories / OOC commentary

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 11 pages long.
Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Portrait
Matt
Registered user
Adventurer

Last page view:

6919 days, 7 hours, 23 minutes and 45 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, August 15, 2004 at 12:17 (GMT -5)

Ah, that's what I meant, that he was introduce by Andor Drakon, as a minor character. I'll look into Relthe, then--he's admittedly a bit more complex than Dalinor, but/so I'd love to work with him.
Portrait
Matt
Registered user
Adventurer

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, August 21, 2004 at 22:40 (GMT -5)

I made a flag file for my story, check it out.

http://67.84.161.219:37961/wanderings.flg

Username: abnf
Password: wanderings
Portrait
Matt
Registered user
Adventurer

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, September 17, 2004 at 19:37 (GMT -5)

I really need to stop planning ahead.

Okay, so I have my entire next chapter in my head in complete detail. Every other chapter I've 90% made it up as I wrote it. But this one scene was in my head for a while... so.

Bleh. This funk'll end sometime....
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5664 days, 1 hour, 29 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Tuesday, December 14, 2004 at 00:11 (GMT -5)

OK, Mutation folks, first part of the story's taking place in this park. We'll get to action in probably two posts, until then however, it's only going to be Joey and the wheelchair fella. (You need a name, by the way.) No busting in, godmoding through what I'm going to throw at you either; when I do, we're going to be outmatched purposefully. I don't intend for us to win any fights until later.

In the mean time, here's how power gain will work:

Each time you post I'm going to rate the post. You won't see your rating. I'll add that rating to a running tally; once that reaches a certain number I'll let you know you have more powers to use. But that doesn't mean spam-post; you also will need to have at least one post above a certain rating before I "level" you. My own character is just going to keep pace with you all, because I might not always be posting and my character might not always be around. I'll keep an eye on things though, so no worries about that.

Keep in mind this is the first time I've done this sort of "leveling" RP, so it might be a little rough at the start until I get the feel for it. I will let you know that in order for your characters to get your first "level up" you're going to need at least 10 points with one post of a score of 3 or greater.

Anything you want to say about the game say here. I'll also tell you what situations your characters are going to encounter here, but I might not always initiate them; I might leave that up to you on some occasions.
ivan.sourceforge.net
Portrait
Zephyr
Registered user
Solar

Last page view:

4900 days, 2 hours, 24 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, January 02, 2005 at 20:20 (GMT -5)

So Duke, It's O.K if I "Control" your character? I'll try not to change him, and if I do, you can tell me and I'll edit. Thanks for the info.
And one more question. Does the rating go from 1-5? and if it does, is that the number of points you'd need? for example, could I do two 3-posts and one 4-post and get a level, or would I have to do 10 posts with one of them being 3+?
(edit: "And one more Question...")
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day. Light a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/2/2005 at 20:23 (GMT -5) by Zephyr]
Portrait
Duke Ravage
Moderator on this forum
Gravebane Zombie

Last page view:

5664 days, 1 hour, 29 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, January 03, 2005 at 03:36 (GMT -5)

Basically, each time you post, whatever I rate it, I add that to your running score. When that score hits 10, assuming you have at least one 3+ post, you'll "level up".
Example: You make seven posts. The first five of them are alright, nothing special, and maybe have a few plot-hole/poor character stuff in them. You get 2 points for each. You have 10 points now, but you havn't gone up in rank yet. The next post is a 3 point post, and your rank rises. You now have 13 points, and after your next 4 point post, 17, and are on your way to another rank.

Quvean, are you still in this? I'm not posting because I want you to. These group-writing things are a lot funner when there's more than two people writing, because the story keeps moving when one person has to leave for a little while.
ivan.sourceforge.net

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 1/3/2005 at 03:39 (GMT -5) by Duke Ravage]
Portrait
Matt
Registered user
Adventurer

Last page view:

Posted on Friday, January 21, 2005 at 22:24 (GMT -5)

Neat thing you have going on here! On an unrelated note, I continue to play ADoM and think about my Wanderings story several times a week; I'll post the next chapter eventually... =) =)
duke ravage
Unregistered user
Posted on Tuesday, January 25, 2005 at 21:53 (GMT -5)

You want to join in? Seems to be dying, but I think it just needs a little help from another person.
Portrait
Matt
Registered user
Adventurer

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, January 30, 2005 at 01:04 (GMT -5)

...For some reason I'm actually having trouble writing these days... I'm testing a new methodology in which I outline characters, then places, then situations, then a timeline and reactions/interactions, for one fanfic that I'd like to write (in another forum). =\

Sorry to hear that about "Mutations"--hopefully inspiration will hit us both soon, then. =)
Portrait
Zephyr
Registered user
Solar

Last page view:

4900 days, 2 hours, 24 minutes and 37 seconds ago.
Posted on Sunday, January 30, 2005 at 19:39 (GMT -5)

Gahh.... Where's Quevan?!?! I'd update it, but I've already done the last two and I don't wanna completely take it over...
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a day. Light a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: