Register new account
Edit account
Search

Ancient Domains Of Mystery, forum overview / Stories / The Return of the Forum(OOC)

Online users ( Unknown)
Application object not working properly at the moment, no clue who is online...

* Numbers in parentheses are the number of minutes since the user last loaded a page. Logged-in users time out after 40 minutes (unless they manually log out), lurkers and anonymous posters after 20.

This thread is 13 pages long.
Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user
Master of all things nOOby!!!

Last page view:

5764 days, 10 hours, 31 minutes and 47 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2007 at 16:30 (GMT -5)

PeanutGod, I take it the demon is actually a Greater Balor, right?But anyways, that was an awesome bit about the demon. The whole defecating and maggot thing was pretty disgusting, I have no idea as to how you come up with this stuff, but good job!

Ok, are we going to decide what the Greatest Titan and what the demon what, or are we just going to wait to decide? Also, for a little twist, just for your info, the Greatest Titan is actually being controlled by Alhacrast, and he's tricking them into helping him.

"You try to give Fang, the large dog the bone. Fang, the large dog says,"Do you know who I am, mortal?!?!"
My smartest dog ever:D
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, February 11, 2007 at 18:15 (GMT -5)

I don't know if it's just me, but it feels as if the story has come to a standstill....probably just me.
"You try to give Fang, the large dog the bone. Fang, the large dog says,"Do you know who I am, mortal?!?!"
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

5052 days, 17 hours, 20 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 12, 2007 at 09:10 (GMT -5)

It does seem to have a rather stagnant feel to it I agree. I've got a hell of a lot on right now, since I'm moving house this week and next week (into my own place again! woot!) so I'm going to be pretty busy. I hope to have the net installed almost straight away since one of my house mates needs it for his business.

But yeah, I generally tend to wait until som other people have posted before I do another, just to let them have a chance.
Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.

Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

4239 days, 20 hours, 36 minutes and 29 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 12, 2007 at 11:46 (GMT -5)

Things should get more dynamic once the party's back together and we're going through the game events. PeanutGod, do you want our chars to visit the dusty dungeon or head straight for the CoC?
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

5476 days, 12 hours, 1 minute and 57 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 12, 2007 at 13:02 (GMT -5)

Just get the story to where we rejoin each other so this story will get moving again. PS: don't separate into more than two groups except for within posts again please. By separate I mean leave the level, we can split up in Dwarftown as long as anyone can bring us together to get to D:12.
"If the bread weights that much in the draklor chain, then it's no wonder so many die of starvation.
AND - what kind of IRON RATION weights as much as an iron shield?! A dinner for four, oven included? ;)"

-Maelstrom
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

5445 days, 13 hours, 37 minutes and 3 seconds ago.
Posted on Monday, February 12, 2007 at 13:07 (GMT -5)

Ok, I believe Battle Bunny should join them, unless he already thought of something to write. Are we going to do anything special at the arena?
Homework is not meant for home! It's a sick verbal coincidence!
-My brother
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, February 12, 2007 at 13:37 (GMT -5)

Hmm, instead of twenty battles: Lawf'okong and Whadar go against Li-Hon-Kay, Jarlgan and Thurgin against Bonk, and Ramirez and Tarindil go against Spadikas...much quicker.
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 at 16:55 (GMT -5)

Well, I hate to say this again: But it feels as if the story has halted again, or continued to halt for that matter. I think that the reservation rule should now apply for 24 hours after reserving, don't know bout you guys.

Also, when doing the temples, I take it that not all of us are going into the temple. I really can't possibly imagine six people all getting either: 4 sources of fire resistance, immunity, let alone fireproof blankets.Or the water temple which I think that could use a cool twist: instead of just having a 'moat' around it, the level could be completely submerged.Dunno, you guys decide though, just thought I'd throw that out there.
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 at 17:04 (GMT -5)

Not a bad idea noob. Yeah, we can't exactly do anything if someone has reserved. It's been 2, 3 days? If nothings up tomorrow, I'll have all of us meet.
-My brother
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 at 18:08 (GMT -5)

Thanks Cat Lord Lord. Though which idea was good?:D
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, February 14, 2007 at 06:02 (GMT -5)

Both actually (arena and temples, though along way off). I'm gonna post everybody getting back together. If bunny gets something up, I'll delete it.

Edit: Should we have a rule, after 2 days reserves become null and void? It kinda ruins story.
-My brother

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/14/2007 at 06:33 (GMT -5) by Cat Lord Lord]
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, February 14, 2007 at 13:41 (GMT -5)

I agree with Noob in that not everyone should enter the fire temple. I think Jarlgan, Lawf'okong, and Thurgin have the best chances in there.

I do not think that the entire water temple should be submerged though. I think for that we should stick to the ADOM game.

I think Purifier would disrupt the demon's connection with Ramirez being a demon-slaying (hating) weapon. Thoughts on this?

EDIT: Cat lord, that was a bit confusing am I missing a post? As far as I can see Tarindil and Ramriez were not at the cave as of the last post pertaining to them and Lawf'okong and Whadar had not gotten courage as of the last post pertaining to them.

My next post will assume that everyone is in front of the CoC.
"If the bread weights that much in the draklor chain, then it's no wonder so many die of starvation.
AND - what kind of IRON RATION weights as much as an iron shield?! A dinner for four, oven included? ;)"

-Maelstrom

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/14/2007 at 13:50 (GMT -5) by F50]
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, February 14, 2007 at 15:07 (GMT -5)

I'm going to wait till BB posts and till everyone's at D-Town to post, lacking any good ideas lately. Best ideas are for later game(TotHK, eternal guardian, and volcano)
Cat Lord Lord
Registered user
Not really

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, February 14, 2007 at 17:09 (GMT -5)

Heh, yeah, sorry. I had everyone get to the CoC. I skipped the courage part, not very interesting. If anyone wants me to edit that I can. We going to go to D-town now? I think two people should go into fire temple. I like the idea of the water temple being submerged, adds an interesting feel to it.
-My brother
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Wednesday, February 14, 2007 at 19:23 (GMT -5)

I think that the fire temple should be put off for quite a while,water definitely first, then TotHK, Lawf'okong's gotta pay a visit to the king...
Portrait
Battle bunny
Registered user
I'm just that cool

Last page view:

5827 days, 16 hours, 54 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Thursday, February 15, 2007 at 06:16 (GMT -5)

Well, all apologies, it turned out that my Internet didn't get rid of all the Spyware stocked on my computer. Now I have six different programs guarding my computer with eagle eyes, but I can't promise anything. If you are lucky, and I do not forget the thing, I'll post.
(\_/)
(o.0)
(> <)
( / \ )

Don't click this
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyoursoul/?i_am=Darkcutter
Portrait
PeanutGod
Registered user
Lord of Misery

Last page view:

5052 days, 17 hours, 20 minutes and 8 seconds ago.
Posted on Saturday, February 17, 2007 at 01:57 (GMT -5)

Right guys, done a small post. Sorry that its really really really REALLY crap. I hate it, but then figured we need to get things moving anyway.

I'm moving house today so I shall be netless for a while, but hopefully it won't be too long (I'm hoping a week max!). So make sure you keep it all moving without me! And I promise that when I get back onto it I shall come back with a vengeance!
Ladies and Gentleman, take my advice. Pull down your pants, and slide on the ice.

nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, February 17, 2007 at 08:30 (GMT -5)

Same thing with my post, PeanutGod. Just want to keep it moving, since the story has slowed drastically.
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, February 17, 2007 at 09:15 (GMT -5)

I'll try and get something substatntial up by this evening.
Waldenbrook, the dwarven shopkeeper, mumbles: "I'd offer 9 gold pieces for yer dwarven child corpse."
Darren Grey
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Saturday, February 17, 2007 at 19:12 (GMT -5)

Okay, sorry guys, meant to have something up by now but been unable. Will try and get a story up tomorrow, but for now I've deleted my reserve post - any others can go ahead if they want. I'll stick a reserve back up if I think I can get anything done in a reasonable frame of time.
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, February 18, 2007 at 06:06 (GMT -5)

Hmmmm, the Fellowship of the Forum is breaking...the fate of the story is now in the hands of a young teenager in the land of Pennsylvania.....fate will tell.

Note: I have no idea why I wrote that, just looks funny....even though it's not.....
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Sunday, February 18, 2007 at 20:05 (GMT -5)

I will post tomorrow FOR SURE. You and I and some other people can still save this forum...Again.

-Maelstrom
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, February 19, 2007 at 06:47 (GMT -5)

Good, I'll post after you, as soon as PeanutGod gets back, we'll be good again, hopefully. I still remember when I posted that one thread on the general forum about reviving this forum, let's keep it this way. Though it seems that lately people aren't on quite as much as they used to. The only times I don't post is when I either just went, or just can't think of a good follow-up for what the previous person wrote.
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, February 19, 2007 at 09:15 (GMT -5)

I am usually either too available or not available enough.

-Maelstrom
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, February 19, 2007 at 11:32 (GMT -5)

I'm sorry if my last post sounded hokey or if anyone else wanted to go, I just want to make sure the story keeps on going.
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Monday, February 19, 2007 at 17:54 (GMT -5)

There was a gorgon in the UD vault. Read the last paragraph of my post. Actually that post was quite neat. Feel free to add to it if you like.

-Maelstrom

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/19/2007 at 17:55 (GMT -5) by F50]
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 at 04:49 (GMT -5)

Well, I'm going to say this again: the story has come to a halt again. If someone doesn't post within a day or two of me writing right now, I'll just continue from my last post. I REALLY do not want this story to end.
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 at 12:18 (GMT -5)

n00b-mAsTeR, could you change your last post to aggree with the last part of my last post.

Thurgin roused Lawf'okong and the company left Dwarftown and discussed matters.

"I can get the amulet cheap." Interrupted Thurgin, "Though I don't know why the shopkeeper was so ludicrous with his pricing. He must either have a special grudge with Dark Elves, or a grudge with you specifically."

"It doesn't matter." Tarindil replied, "All we need is another Dark Elf, and the Gorgon from that vault we saw in the so-called Unremarkable Dungeon. We might buy some new spellbooks while we are there."

"There are other matters to consider..."

The gorgon is referenced on page 1:

“Aye, but monsters that will tear us limb from limb. I’m an arrogant bastard, I know that. But even I’m not stupid to boast that I could kill these things. There’s a walking suit of armour, a golem made of some kind of metal, a swirling mass of acid that seemed to move around and a huge bull that was exhaling some kind of fumes. A gorgon I think it is. Anyway, I am not, I “Aye, but monsters that will tear us limb from limb. I’m an arrogant bastard, I know that. But even I’m not stupid to boast that I could kill these things. There’s a walking suit of armour, a golem made of some kind of metal, a swirling mass of acid that seemed to move around and a huge bull that was exhaling some kind of fumes. A gorgon I think it is. Anyway, I am not, I repeat…..NOT……..going down there. Not now anyway, maybe in the future when I know I’ve improved.”repeat…..NOT……..going down there. Not now anyway, maybe in the future when I know I’ve improved.”

Thanks.

n00b-mAsTeR, could you change your last post to aggree with the last part of my last post.

Thurgin roused Lawf'okong and the company left Dwarftown and discussed matters.

"I can get the amulet cheap." Interrupted Thurgin, "Though I don't know why the shopkeeper was so ludicrous with his pricing. He must either have a special grudge with Dark Elves, or a grudge with you specifically."

"It doesn't matter." Tarindil replied, "All we need is another Dark Elf, and the Gorgon from that vault we saw in the so-called Unremarkable Dungeon. We might buy some new spellbooks while we are there."

"There are other matters to consider..."

The gorgon is referenced on page 1:

“Aye, but monsters that will tear us limb from limb. I’m an arrogant bastard, I know that. But even I’m not stupid to boast that I could kill these things. There’s a walking suit of armour, a golem made of some kind of metal, a swirling mass of acid that seemed to move around and a huge bull that was exhaling some kind of fumes. A gorgon I think it is. Anyway, I am not, I “Aye, but monsters that will tear us limb from limb. I’m an arrogant bastard, I know that. But even I’m not stupid to boast that I could kill these things. There’s a walking suit of armour, a golem made of some kind of metal, a swirling mass of acid that seemed to move around and a huge bull that was exhaling some kind of fumes. A gorgon I think it is. Anyway, I am not, I repeat…..NOT……..going down there. Not now anyway, maybe in the future when I know I’ve improved.”repeat…..NOT……..going down there. Not now anyway, maybe in the future when I know I’ve improved.”

Thanks.

PS: I won't let this roleplay die if you won't. I kinda thought I explained about the gorgon in my last OOC post but I wrote that a bit quick.

-Maelstrom

[Edited 1 time, last edit on 2/22/2007 at 12:22 (GMT -5) by F50]
nOOb-mAsTeR
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 at 14:04 (GMT -5)

Thanks for telling me, think I got it better now. Darren's been posting in Spoiler's forum,so don't know about him, PeanutGod is moving, Battle Bunny is having net problems, no clue about cat lord lord. I'll post tonight or tomorrow morning if nobody else does.
F50
Registered user

Last page view:

Posted on Thursday, February 22, 2007 at 15:11 (GMT -5)

vault with the gorgon is on the eighth (last) level of the UD.

-Maelstrom
Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Color mixer:
Red: Green: Blue: HTML color code: result:      
Your Name: Check to login:

Your Message:

Read the
formating help
Are you a spambot? Yes No Maybe Huh?
Create poll? Yes No   What is this?
Poll question: